2018 International Balloon Challenge
The Canowindra Balloon Challenge is a regional flagship event which attracts over 10,000 visitors to Canowindra NSW for its Balloon Glow and Night Market event. Over the course of 7 days of competition, this event brings more than $3million for the local economy and appeals to families, grey nomads and avid photographers.
During the event, Adloyalty was employed to manage the website, social media and media liaison. This year, we also delivered on the ground event support which was invaluable to overall event attendance.
Outcomes (7 days of the event)
- Increased visitation – over 12,000 Balloon Glow attendees.
- Over 35,000 website page views.
- Over 480,000 Facebook impressions (an increase of 70,000 from 2017).
- Accumulated Facebook daily reach of over 145,000 (an increase of 15,000 from previous year).
- Over 32,000 video views.
- Facebook post engagement of over 30,000 (a substantial increase from 7,000 in 2016, and 13,000 in 2017).
- People from all over the world tuning into the Facebook LIVE videos.
- Users were encouraged to utilize the event hashtag #canowindrachallenge and did so in excess of 1,000 times.
- 94.66% of website traffic came from Facebook
- The attendance and liaison of media representation from China.